Comparisons to Watergate are absurd on two counts. In today’s political and ethical world, Watergate would be considered brilliant political tactics, at least if it were done by a Democrat. More importantly, no one died in Watergate and the country was not embarrassed.
The level of integrity and lying from this Administration outdoes anything I have seen or could imagine seeing. Anyone with concern for truth and honor should be outraged by the behavior of this government. Party affiliation should have nothing to do with the shame. Perhaps the degradation only reflects the man and his team in the White House, but there is no assurance of that.
To understand how bad this cover-up must be, one need only view the panic of the rats involved. Some are already abandoning ship Obama. These include members of the media as well as members of the Administration. As important as those abandoning their man, the behavior of those remaining is more telling. They are turning on each other, trying to throw each other under the bus before they themselves become road kill.
Larwyn’s Links, a highly-recommended news aggregator, references three to four dozen articles daily. Rarely are there more than a few articles on a particular topic. Here are the articles dealing with Libya from October 15’s edition:
- Bob Woodward Slams Obama’s Benghazi Lies: AmSpec
- Hillary Strikes Back; Attaches Susan Rice to WH Mess: ConTree
- Bill Clinton Gathering Legal Minds to Protect Hillary?: MagNote
- Libya Fallout Gives Rise to Obama-Clinton Feud: Breitbart
- Hillary Clinton Throws Obama Under His Own Benghazi Bus: RSM
- Axelrod says W.H. unaware of Libya security requests: Politico
- State Department: We’re Too Dumb to Understand Obama’s Libya Explanation: Breitbart
- Obama Administration Abandoned Our Citizens in Libya.: HillBuzz