The answer to both these questions, unfortunately, is a resounding NO!
Why is it permissible, even expected, for politicians to blatantly lie to the American people? Why are these charlatans not called out for such behavior? Surely no one believes that national leaders consistently lying and getting praised/rewarded for it is good for society! It cannot make for better informed voters. It certainly does not set a good example for our youth.
The current employment situation is a prime example of blatant lies. There is no silver lining regardless of how you massage the numbers. Yet President Obama and his cohorts assure us that we are making progress.
Cut these facts out and paste them on your TV so that you can refute the next barrage of Administration bunkum on employment:
- Total Nonfarm Payrolls have decreased by -1.3 million from December 2008 (134,379K) to June 2012 (133,088); Source: St. Louis Fed
- Full-time jobs based on the Household Survey, have decreased by 2.5 million from 117,039K to 114,573K; Source: Table A.9, BLS
- Parti-time jobs based on the Household Survey, have increased by 1.6 million from 26,3187 to 27,894K; Source: Table A.9, BLS
- Foodstamps recipients have increased by 14.6 million from 31.567 million to 46,187 (as of April 2012); Source: USDA
- Disability recipients have increased by 1.3 million from 7.427 million to 8.733 million; Source: Social Security Administration
Facts were summarized by Zerohedge.com