A paraprosdokian sentence consists of two parts where the first is a figure of speech and the second an intriguing variation of the first. They’re used typically for humorous or dramatic effect. Enjoy these!
* Never argue with an idiot. He’ll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
* If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.
* We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
* Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
* The early bird might get the worm,
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.